Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A new season of life

I first want to say thank you to all my eagles for commenting on my BLOG..... It was so fun to read them........
To the left is a picture of Randy and I with grandbaby #5 Abigail Jane, so beautiful. Our story began August 20th 1974. We were married in the Salt Lake City temple by Elder LeGrand Richards. I was so young, 19. Yes so young. Randy and I have had quite the journey, I am so grateful for my temple covenants, it is the foundation of my life. I am also grateful for what my challenges in life have taught me. The Lord has a way of rounding and smoothing the sharp points of our character , tailored just for us. I love my dear husband, Randy has many talents which I admire, he has been a great supporter for our family, and works so hard. Last June we were called to be Temple workers at the Mesa temple. This has been such a great blessing to me personally and to my marriage, oh how I love the temple. Peace. It has helped me endure Jill moving away and now Jacy. We all have our lives to live where ever it takes us , and just knowing we are an eternal family gives me peace. Randy and I work the first shift on saturday morning. We get up at 3:30a.m. and need to be there at 4:30a.m. and our shift ends at 11:20. After our shift we get lunch and then I go to work at Cherry St. Antiques until 4:00p.m. it is a long day but so wonderful. It has given Randy and I time to reflect on what is essential, what really matters, I love it. The Lord reallly knows us and knows what we need in our lives. The important thing is to live our lives so that we will be receptive to what he has instore for us. The gospel really is the plan of happiness....... Now many of you know I like antiques it is so fun that some of my children and nieces do to, and I like decorating. Jamie has given me the name changey rearrangey, wow is that the under statement. Yesterday Jan. 26th I was true to my name and made a CHANGE. I have posted a picture of the change and also some of the collections that give me joy, remember women are that they might have joy...
Patio table brought inside.



This chandelier will be hung...

up here.



I love chandeliers.




My Favorite Room of the House

I love chandeliers.





The mirror and the buffet were both purchased from Julie Blair.
Even though they didn't come together, they add a lot to the Shabby Chic look.





I collect a lot of things. Things that have potential.





I love white on white.





Collection of Mother verses.







Long awaited farm sink...

after a trip to Globe, I have finally got my farm sink.
Randy even put it in the night we got home!
Now isn't that exciting!!





Saved the Best for last.

My precious grand babies. It doesn't get any better than this.
Except, I want 50 more.





Grammy Lu's Favorite Things to Collect:

litttle things
mirrors
plates
old frames
match boxes
silhouettes
mothers verses
composition dolls, old
old jewelry
old purses
chandeliers
old urns

this list is good for now, pretty scary!

9 comments:

Grandmommy Crum said...

WOW, You are taking this blogging by storm! You look a though you have been doing this for years!! Your a magazine cover, your decorating is beyond beautiful, its what we all want to be! I'm telling you right now, you will have a following, once the girls out there hear about your pictures of your home,they will be hooked! Oh how I love you, everything about you! What would I do without you! Heavely Father loves me so much, he gave me you! I loved our dinner the other night, we dont get together hardly enough, thanks for treating me! So whats your next post? I'm so excited, love you

Grandmommy Crum said...

Hey Randy, I love the picture with the most adorable grandparents! I just want you to know how much I love you, You mean so much to me! I couldnt get through life without my family, thanks for everything you do!!! I love the RANDY JARVIS FAMILY!!!

Lindsay Jones said...

My mom sure must have been inspired to name me after you!! We are sooo similar it just wouldn't be right if I had any other name! It is such an honor to carry your same name. I truely have much to live up to! I feel so lucky to have great women in my life to look to for examples of rightous living and loving!! I love you!

Alli said...

oh I just love you so much!I was telling niki and jen at work the other day that I could just hang out with you all the time. You are always a good time:) I love our family! And I think that although I am not a good decorater and Lindsay and my mom have done most ok all of my decorating at my home I do love everything white and tan. Sheldon makes fun of me sometimes cause I always want to paint the furniture white! And my walls tan. I tell him it just speaks to my spirit and makes me happy. Looks like I must get that from you. :)

Grannie Wright said...

Well hellooooo Lucille! Welcome to the world of blogging. Wow! when you jump in you do it all the way girl. I knew you are a terrific decorater. I love tocome over and see all the new stuff you have done. It was great having dinner with you guys the other night. Love ya.

☂niki. said...

ooooh...this was fun! i could look at pictures of your house all day long!!! i love every little bit! the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree(even when it is aunt and niece) i share your same love for vintage frames and chandeliers!! love you!

Tara said...

Oh, the inspiration!!!! We are so lucky you started a blog. I love your words. I love your pictures. I am loving the patio table inside fresh and fun. So much to collect so little time.

Jill said...

Wow mom you already have 50+ hits from people! Your blog is going to be one of those popular ones! :) Keep the posts coming! I love all of the pics! I am glad you are getting hooked to the blogging world. The kitchen table is adorable! It makes me miss being there with all the pictures you have taken! We are looking forward to coming this weekend. Love you tons!
Jill

Eliza said...

I have always loved coming over to your house and just looking at all the beautiful things that you have and how you decorate and rearrange, it was always different every time we were there. I loved seeing all the pictures of how you have it now, it seems like forever since I've been to your house, too long! Anyway, I'm so glad you have a blog, it makes me feel so much closer to everyone even though I am so far away. Love ya, Eliza